Beginning June 1, 2020, Driving Unlimited Academy resumed in-car driving lessons under strict COVID-19 guidelines. Since two-metre social distancing is not possible in a driving school car, we have developed strict safety protocols for the delivery of lessons. Please read the important information below before scheduling your lessons.
- Safety preparation:
- Droplet shield is installed between Coach and Student
- Only the Driving Coach and one student will be present inside the car. There will be no parent (or training) ride-alongs during this time.
- Masks worn by Coach and Student – Students to supply their own mask, or masks will be provided
- Coach and Student hand wash with sanitizer at beginning of lesson and at any time when necessary during lesson.
- All control surfaces, door panels, arm rests, handles, etc. disinfected between lessons
- No sharing of devices, paperwork or other items during lesson.
- Zero-tolerance policy re symptoms of illness – if health (Coach or Student) is in question, lesson will not proceed
- Pre-lesson questionnaire responses are recorded and filed by Coach prior to each lesson.
- Pre-Lesson Safety Questionnaire:
- Student to supply their own pen to limit shared items (coach can supply a pen if necessary, which will be wiped down post-lesson)
- Are you feeling well with no symptoms of illness (COVID or otherwise)?
- Do you have a fever?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who may have contracted COVID-19?
- Have you travelled outside Canada with the last 14 days?
- Do you have a mask to wear during your lesson? Your coach will provide a mask if you do not have one.
- Do you understand that participating in a driving lesson will put you inside of the two-metre social distancing recommendation?
- Are you aware that you may choose to postpone your driving lesson if you have any concerns about participating today?
- The Coach will ask the student if they agree with the following statement and record their response: “I have answered the questions truthfully and to the best of my knowledge there is no reason why I should not participate in a driving lesson today. I understand I am able to reschedule this lesson if I choose to do so.”
- The questionnaire will be held on file as record of the student’s participation in the lesson.
Are you a new driver?
Get in touch to find out about our Programs and Lesson packages.Contact Us